Thursday, July 25, 2013

DIY: Sea Glass Frame

Back in May my family and I went up to Maryland for my brother's graduation. We were staying at a house right on the water, and spent a lot of time walking on the beach looking for sea glass. I've been wanting to do something with it for a while, and just recently gave an old picture frame a makeover.

I picked up these 2 frames at Goodwill. I think they were even on sale, and my total came out to be 75 cents or something crazy cheap like that. I ended up using the one on the right for this project!

I painted the frame first with this acrylic paint -- huge mistake. What was I thinking? I got this because it is usually the cheapest paint I can find. It took a million layers, but it turned out just fine. I used tacky glue to adhere the sea glass on, which worked very well.


A few of the pieces we found while collecting.


Waiting for everything to dry! It was a night of crafting, so I was making this while watching Identity Thief. Fun times.


I've yet to print any photos from the Annapolis trip, so until then this photo is hanging out in the frame. A throwback to one of my mission trips with my best friends.

I hope you all enjoyed this DIY! I like to keep things simple when it comes to these projects. In the next couple weeks I'll be sharing a few DIY ideas on how to spruce up your dorm room, so stay tuned!

You can check out my last DIY here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one and try to respond to them all!