Tuesday, July 23, 2013

On My Nails: Orly Artificial Sweetener

I've been doing a bit of shopping lately, and I came across Orly's Artificial Sweetner for $4 at Marshall's. Quite the steal. I used to overlook Orly in the store, but after using this one, I knew I wanted to try some more. This color in particular is a great neutral pink. In the sunlight it looks a bit brighter at times, but it still isn't overwhelming. You may be able to tell in a few of the pictures, but it can look kind of mauve-y at times as well. I gravitate towards pinks anyway, but I love that this one is a bit more neutral. I think it's going to be a great everyday color for me.


Not crazy about the name, but I see where they're coming from.

I love the formula of these polishes, as well as the brush! The handle has a nice rubber grip, which doesn't make for the cutest packaging, but it's really practical. Although I'm a fan of the bigger brushes for painting my nails, this one doesn't bother me at all. It applies the polish very well.

Thanks to Marissa's advice on my last nail post, I think I've solved the bubbly nail issue. I think I might do a whole post dedicated to how I fixed the problem. It's a simple solution, but I'm very happy that it worked!

I always love hearing your nail polish recommendations! Are there any more from Orly that you think I should try?

10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty shade! I have one Orly polish. It's more of a neutral, shimmery peach color (can't remember the name of it...) You're right about the packaging. It's not the cutest, but the brush is SO nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that sounds like a gorgeous color! Mhmm, I'm in love with the brush. It makes everything much easier!

      Delete
  2. I love Orly's Base Coat, it's amazing. I definitely want to try some of their polishes too. Love this post! xE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking for a good base coat! I need to try that out. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Your nails are so tiny and cute! Ahaha. (: plus, I love the color.

    http://bluntlybeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! They are quite short at the moment.

      Delete
  4. Yay! Glad my tips helped you figure out a solution :)

    If none of that worked, I was going to suggest switching to those nail stickers, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may try that too! I've never given them a try before!

      Delete
    2. Rite-Aid has the Sally Hansen ones for 40% off this week, worth a try! Wearing them now and I love them :)

      Delete
    3. Ooh thank you! Now I might just have to track them down.

      Delete

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one and try to respond to them all!