Tuesday, September 24, 2013

September Ipsy Bag



It's taken me a while to find a beauty subscription that I really loved. I thought about Birchbox for a while, but after seeing some reviews I sort of lost interest. I wasn't too impressed with Ipsy at first either, but I watched a ton of unboxing videos and finally chose Ipsy. It seemed to have the best samples, & it's only $10 a month. Not too bad. This is the first bag I've received, and I'm quite impressed! If you want to sign up as well, check out Ipsy here.




I love mascara, so getting a sample of one I've never tried before was pretty cool. After trying it a few times, I'm not super impressed. It's kind of stringy (it sort of looks like it has fibers in it), but it tends to clump my lashes. Maybe it's one of those mascaras that is awesome once it's dried out a bit.



First, what's with the name of this? Fantabulous-- it cracks me up. Second, I'm really weird about lipstick and sort of hate wearing it. Third, I'm as white as a ghost, so this color looked very odd on me. Although I will say, it isn't too awful when you just dab it on your lips a bit.


I rarely wear eyeliner, but it's certainly nice to have one when I actually decide to wear it. I haven't really worn this yet, but I will say that it stays on fairly well... meaning you will look like a raccoon if you don't thoroughly wash your eyes in the shower.


One to purify, one to brighten, and one to hydrate-- I think these masks are my favorite products I received this month. I used the hydrating one before I took pictures, and I really liked it. I don't think it did anything incredibly amazing for my skin, but it was a nice, pampering product. I'd never used a paper mask before, so I'm glad I got to try one. I did have to cut the eyes a bit bigger and adjust it a bit, but I was really impressed with these!



I hate & love this eyeshadow. I've never tried anything from NYX, but I've been wanting too, so I was excited! It's a nice grey color for Fall and Winter, it has sparkle to it, but it doesn't have the best pigmentation. A bummer. You can build it up, but it isn't the easiest product to work with. Love/hate with this one, but I still want to try more NYX products!

I hope you enjoyed! I do have another post planned for this week, so watch out for that!

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to find a subscription box that I love as well - definitely interested in trying this one out! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me a while to finally get one! I'm glad you checked it out!

      Delete

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one and try to respond to them all!